Friday, January 26, 2007


Hello. I recently returned from a week of training in Japan, with Tsuneo Ando Sensei at the Yoshinkan Aikido Ryu Dojo. I also tested for Shodan during my last day there. Ando Sensei announced that I passed at a farewell party that night, and officially named my dojo in Fairbanks, Shoryukan Dojo – House of the ascending (or rising) dragon. Training was rigorous but very enjoyable. I am always amazed at the dedication, sincerity and generosity of Ando Sensei’s students in each class I attend. There is truly amazing stuff happening there. Former full-time deschi of Ando Sensei, Bret Duchon Sensei is also teaching classes in nearby Minami Gyotoku, and offered great insight and explanation of aikido technique...along with great friendship! I wish I could have stayed longer to absorb more.


During my travels I also spent a few days training with Geordan Reynolds Sensei of Aikido Yoshinkai Siam, in Pattaya, Thailand. Reynolds Sensei filled my head with details and plenty to think about and put into practice. His dojo is growing and his students are growing stronger. It’s a privilege to be a part of it, albeit only briefly each year. Reynolds Sensei is also applying Yoshinkan aikido to “bodyguard” defensive tactics and dignitary protection training – interesting and exciting stuff.









Classes in Fairbanks now have the following schedule:

Tuesdays 6:00 pm to 7:00pm

Saturdays 9:00am to 11:00am

Sundays 10:00am to 12:00pm

All classes are currently held at Three Dragons Martial Arts Academy

2207 Hansen Rd. (off Aurora Ave.)

Fairbanks

Ph.: 907-388-8375

Happy New Year and train hard!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice thank you for giving the information ........

___________________
Smarry
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home