Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Shoryukan Dojo, Alaska

I recently returned from visiting Ryu Dojo during January, where I trained in most classes offered during my stay there (including some of Ando Sensei’s classes at Honbu Dojo). I had the opportunity to test for advancement to Nidan, which I passed. My Uke’s were Kubo-San and Ogushi-San - two active Ryu Dojo students, and I’m grateful for their help and for being such great ukes. I am also grateful to Ando Sensei, and all the deschi and students of Ryu Dojo for such excellent instruction and advice.


(Practicing Ushiro ryote mochi hiji-shime ichi with Kubo-San).







This Kanji shows my name in Japanese on the “Nafuda kake” board inside Ando Sensei’s Ryu Dojo, where, since passing my shinsa, it has graduated to the Nidan ranks.













I also had the opportunity to observe a Kagami biraki celebration, along with aikido demonstrations, at Honbu Dojo in Tokyo. See more photos in the Ryu Moya:


http://www.ryumoya.blogspot.com/



Classes in Fairbanks continue at the Artisan’s Courtyard on College Rd. (Mon 6:30pm & Thurs 6:00pm), and at Three Dragons Martial Arts Academy on Deere St. (Sat 9:00am).


Come joins us to train in Yoshinkan Aikido.


Shoryukan Dojo, Alaska

907-388-8375

Labels: ,